Monday, May 05, 2008

Cinco de Mayo.

Cinco de Mayo~
In English..May 5th/5th of May.

This date will always be a day that I
celebrate and not because I love
Mexico (I do) but rather because it
will forever mark the day that I
decided to save my life.

This is actually the 5th anniversary
of the day that I quit smoking. Yay me!
I know I mention it each year but it's
significant to me and I would like to
let others know that there IS life
(no pun intended) after smoking.

Now, I'll admit, I've given myself
plenty of liberties over the past
5 years and as a result I've put on
nearly 25 pounds (not real happy with
that), it just creeps up on you.
but today that all changes.
I've decided that today I am committing
to taking my body back!!
I'll be posting my progress in bits
and pieces as not to bore you or scare
you away from my blog!

My first goal: Lose 10-12 pounds by the
Starkey Hearing Foundation Gala (June 14th).
There. I said it. Now it's out there.

(My mom just sent me an e-mail that
reads..."Felize Quitidad!" she's funny!

I'm supposed to go and pick up my kitten
today. I'll let you know how that goes.

Kind of a me day today although I have
reserved it for Nancy & Rick Martin's
wedding images..still going through those.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anne said...

WHO IS BETTER THAN YOU TODAY??? NO ONE!!!
Way to go my Sweet Queen Sister!
Stand up, be proud and celebrate
YOU today! Congratulations!