Monday, January 28, 2008

Blast from the past!

Saturday evening I got together with some dear
old friends. I've known some of them for nearly
1/2 my life. When Mark called and said "Will you
and Gary join us?" I couldn't possibly NOT go.

You see, I used to work with most of these folks
back in the Rocco Altobelli days and man, did
we have some times! Mark, Diane and I all took
our places in management at the Minnetonka salon
(YEARS ago) and we all left and opened our own
place out in Deephaven. It was the greatest salon
around...FULL of energy and no corporate rules.
We were all free to be ourselves and grow our
talents, clientel and friendships all while
defending our new found selves in a law suit brought
on by Rocco Altobelli for having gone somewhere
within a 5 mile radius...CRAP!!!
Well, we survived and thrived.
This salon has gone through transformation after
transformation and now yet another...
Mark has sold it to Paul Coffee but the talent there
will not change.

I actually left about 10-11 years ago and moved my
clients to my home where I have a licensed space and
keep a 3 day a week clientel going. It's tough to
let go...too many clients have become friends and
nearly family!

Making this move, however, afforded me the opportunity
to go after my photography and for that I am eternally
grateful! It's really been a nice marriage of occupations.

Left is Diane Osborne, center is Dee Grotberg and
right is Kathy Hoese...oh, the stories!!!!!



Here's a shot of all the girls....



It was so great to see everyone and talk about the old days!
Thanks Mark, for including Gary and I, it was so much fun.


It's almost 50 out today!!! Melting, melting, melting.

No comments: