Wednesday, February 20, 2008

colder than a meat locker!

Well, actually, MUCH, MUCH colder than a meat locker!
Woke up to not only 12 below outside but inside,
once I crawled out from under the electric mattress pad
set to chernobyl, I discovered that the house was
down to 62! That's cold! That's with the heat ON!
The door to the porch was open (4 season apparently
doesn't include February!). I can't even keep my coffee
hot in my mug. It's cold!

Yesterday, Pete's mom came over to get her hair done.
I love Carol. She is such a gentle soul. I perm her
hair about 3 times a year. She's the only one I perm.
So when I do, the house get a little stinky but it
doesn't last long and Carol is alway sooo grateful.
She always says.."I hope you never stop doing hair."
AAAARRRRG! (as Charlie Brown would say)...the pressure!
Anne came to pick her up and asked if I'd take Carol's
photo. So I did!



Anne also brought over the x-ray of Spice's kitties!
We can see 5 sculls & 5 spines...WOW, 5 kittens due
in about 5-6 days. Birmans. Know anyone in the market?
I can put you in touch with Anne.
I hope she delivers before Gary and I leave for Mexico.



This is Spice when we picked her up in Iowa



Met with Laura last night. She works at our Vet.
She is going to stay with Hobie & Katie while we are
away. Hobie is a "special needs" cat now with his
meds and we are thrilled (so are Anne, Jacquie & Scott)
that she was available to house/pet sit for us!
Thanks Laura. If you are ever in need of a pet sitter
give me a shout and I'll put you in touch with her!

Take time to call your travel agent today :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kitten x-ray. At first glance I thought it was two big, round, icy things in a plastic bag. heh heh ....
(Love that commercial.)

Then I looked at the enlarged version - and there they were! I'll be having the first one on the right. 9

PS Carol's pic didn't post