Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Urban Ventures

I got such an early start today that I never
sat down to post a blog. When I finally sat down
to the computer and realized that, the
sensation was much like going out without ear-
rings or forgetting to put your watch on or
something. ANYway, this is what I got up early
for today....I met two young men (high school
sophomores) at their place of employment in
downtown Minneapolis. I photographed them
doing their jobs and with some of the traders
and then I asked if it would be okay if I took
them down to the street for some fun, urban
street shots...here goes...thanks to the firm
and to "A" & "M" for allowing me the opportunity.







Handsome, hardworking, sweet, young men.
They will go sooo far! They work to supplement
their high school tuition. Smart.

I'll be heading back downtown soon to cover
a couple of other events looking for more
photo ops for the design team that is working with
Urban Ventures. This has been such a fun assignment!

Oh, and this week I have a Friday wedding back
down at the Nicollet Island Inn. Then Gary and I have
a night planned at the Sheraton on Saturday.
A little outing...for fun. Just the 2 of us!
No reason...just a night out.

Hey, Mark Brooke. Nice to hear from you!!

2 comments:

WilMo said...

Susan - Glad to hear your mother is healthy and out of the rehab facility! I love the shots of 'Bear' you posted yesterday...such a cute puppy. Glad you are enjoying the photos of Vail and how green it is in the summer...and no humidity!

Enjoy your evening!
Amy

WilMo said...

Hi Susan! Thanks for the comment on the blog! That was my sister's humor on the blog you last commented on and she works for the City of Waconia as the Park and Rec Director. Out in Vail I am working for Gorsuch(www.gorsuchltd.net) as their receptionist/administrative assistant. I really enjoy what I am doing, the company is GREAT to work for and the family that owns the company is wonderful as well!

Hope you had a great day!

Amy