Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mom's breakin' out today!

Finally, after nearly a month of back
and tummy surgery coupled with rehab,
my mom is finally coming home today.
WOW! I popped out to see her one last
time last night and pack up some of her
stuff. Anne will be doing the picking
up today around noon and I will meet
them back at her condo after.

She's ready, she looks great, sounds
great, she's eating, p**ping and all
that good stuff they make sure you can
do before they let you go.

I, for one, will not miss the smell.
What is it about nursing homes and
rehab facilities? Why do they smell like
medical tape? My gosh, even HOME DEPOT and
the weight rooms in most gyms smell better!
No matter, Mom's breakin' out today!

I wanted to post a few shots of my sister's
newest family member all the way from Missouri,
meet "Bear", a 3 month old cockapoo!




Okay, this is a tough one for me.
I have been long awaiting my involvement with
the RNC, as many of you know.
Last night I received an excel spreadsheet
on the assignments. Seems one of the photographers
that I have worked with at Starkey took it upon
himself to assign most everything to him and his
buddies so rather than take the "bone" that had
been tossed my way (which is exactly what I
envisioned happening), I am takin' my "she-woman
man haters club" down the road (for those of
you "spanky" fans!!)!
I know, I know, it's petty but I just didn't
want to whore myself out for them and besides,
I think the Lord has other plans for me that week! :)
I'll just watch from afar. Bummer.
On to bigger and better!
Maybe Dean and Lois can talk to McCain and
see what I can do for him directly. Or I'll put
a call into T.Paw myself!
Okay, I'm over it....move on!

I am off this week (salon) and trying to get to
the bottom of some of my piles.

1 comment:

Mark Brooke Photographers said...

aww these are soo cute! I wish our dogs could meet!