Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My darkest day.



Hobie stopped breathing around 11:30 yesterday.
I asked that they keep him on the vent until
Gary and I could get there to say our goodbyes.
It's just like everyone says...it's so peaceful.
We laid our hands on him and the Dr. ran the
injection in to his line and we, together, felt
his last breath. We are devastated. Our hearts
are so very heavy.

Hobie decided to go on his terms. I expected nothing less.
Rather than having to endure the trip over to MVRS
and forcing us make the decision between yet another
major surgery or putting him to sleep~he spared
us the anguish and went on his own. Bless him.

Words cannot express how I am feeling.
I do know that every morning, I will ask God
to allow me to find the pure joy in knowing that
he is in heaven with no pain and eating whatever
he damn well pleases!

I miss his face, I feel is soul. He is happy.
We will never forget him, of course but I will
be struggling to find peace in the weeks to come

As my tears hit the keyboard, I am reminded by
both Boo and Katie (Hobie's litter-mate sister)
that they would like to have breakfast, NOW.
Life goes on.

Thanks for all your prayers!
I'll pray for you too 'cuz I know that Hobie touched
so many other lives outside our own.

I'm photographing triplets today for their
Senior Portraits and the busy work will do me good.


Peace.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Sue,

We wanted to offer our sympathies for the loss of Hobie. We are both animal lovers and understand how important animals are in our hearts and lives. We will be thinking of you.

Sincerely,
Molly and Andy Winter