Monday, July 28, 2008

Confessions of a Weekend Warior.

Alright, here goes.
I had a Friday wedding this past week
which, for me, was out of the ordinary.
That left me with Saturday night off. So,
Gary and I decided that we should use the
free room at the Sheraton (494 & 100) that
I won at a NACE event last summer (it was
about to expire) and get in a little fun time.

Checked in around 3. I had NO idea that the
room that awaited us was A.) On the "club level"
and B.) A HUGE suite! I remember telling Gary
as we walked down the the hallway, "wouldn't it
be so cool if our room was the double door at the
end?" AND IT WAS!!! So unexpected!

I mean, the certificate read, "romantic, whirpool
suite for 2 and breakfast" Sure, whatever, right?
Well, we never actually filled the giant hot tub
in the bedroom, why? I don't know, just didn't.
But we did venture out and hit every spot within
walking distanced (you must know that this hotel
is a few miles from our home and we never go
there or to the restaurants/bars that are located
in that area). We decided that if we stopped in
everywhere and had a bump and looked at menus, we'd
surely find a fab dinner location.



We selected La Fougasse at the Sofitel. AMAZING!
Why have we never gone there before?
We will definitely hit that spot again. We sat
outside and had the best dinner.




We asked Ron & Cindy to pop out and see us
so they joined us for a cocktail on the patio.



Later, after Ron & Cindy left, Gary and I
walked over to the Dairy Queen and got Blizzards!
I got the Girl Scout Mint cookie one. My brother
was right, it was pretty darn good!

Say, I don't want to forget to give a shout out to
Anthony. He's the Bartender at Chez Collette in the
Sofitel. He took pretty good care of us while we
were out on tour.



Napped a lot yesterday and finished up my images
to present to Danielle for Urban Ventures.

Today, the 5th annual Miracle Open golf event.
Toted as "a mature event for immature adults."
I'll be covering it today and then several
high school seniors this week capped off by
the wedding of Kristin & Carlos this Saturday.

Another week, bound to go quickly!

No comments: