Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Independence Day!

Gary left for Cannon Falls this morning.
He and his buddies have a standing ritual
every year that includes an early morning
round of golf, the Cannon Falls Parade and
a shot of Blackberry Brandy in honor of
Jimbo's dad.

This year, however, a change was instituted.
The gentleman decided to move the round of
golf to tomorrow morning~that way they could
make a later t-time. In the past, the t-time
needed to be early enough to ensure that they
could get the golf in and still procure a prime
viewing spot for the noon start of the parade!
Boys are silly.

I, on the other hand, have decided to stay back,
lounge around and make my way over to my sister's
& Pete's 1st annual 4th of July bash.

They hired the Kurt Jorgensen band to play from
6 to 10. Yes, I made certain that she contacted
the city of Chanhassen to get a permit so we're
all set to go!

I saw my mom yesterday for a few hours.
The took the catheter out, stopped the dilaudid
and she was up and walking around (with the walker)!
This, my friends, is the best I've seen her since
before the surgery! We are looking into a couple
of interim care facilities near by that she can
go to for her rehabilitation. One is right by me
the other is on the St. Francis campus. Both are
wonderful and she could go as early as Monday!!
YAY!!!!

I'm on call for NILMDTS today. I elected to take
the holiday because I thought trying to make
phone calls to 30 people on the 4th of July
would most likely yield no one so I just took
it for myself. I'll have my phone at my side all day!

Last night, we had an impromptu gathering in front
of our house...the street actually. Many of
our neighbors had fireworks and we started
blowing them off in the middle of the street
(we just had our driveway seal coated!).
I ran to Costco at the last minute last night
and bought one of their giant packs of lovely
"Minnesota Issue" fireworks...that's sort of
CODE for "nothing goes in the air". So, mostly
color and noise with no real "wow" factor.
The kids had a blast and the adults, well, we
had a blast too!

Jacquie, thanks for sticking around and talking
with me by the fire after everyone had gone in.
I love you! Our friendship means the world to me!



Have a safe and gratitude filled day!

No comments: