Tuesday, July 08, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLOG!

First things first...today is my brother, Tim's
FIFTIETH birthday and that even, officially, means
that I am old as well! YIKES! I mean, really,
parents are 50 not siblings, right?

Next, it's my blog's 2nd birthday today.
Let me see if I can find my first post....
Yep, here it is.

Funny how time flies. Well, not so much funny
as it is scary, really.

I visited my mom yesterday and when I arrived
Kiki, Owen & Reese were there in the room.
Owen had come down to have the staples
removed from the back of his head (he lost a
battle with a rock at a campfire a week or so
ago when his chair tipped backwards). We all
walked with mom down the hall to a seating
area where we sat for about a 1/2 hour and visited.
Then we all walked back to the room and at
that point Reese decided that she'd had enough
so the 3 of them left and I stayed and ordered
mom some lunch, consolidated her flowers and
trimmed her bangs. She looks like a new person
but now she needs more flowers (if you are heading
down to see her!).

She's not eating much these days and if she wants
to get to the rehab facility she needs to get off
the "TPN" (nutrition in an IV bag). They keep
her hooked up to that because she needs her
nutrition to get stronger and altho' she's
getting up more and walking further, she still
needs to EAT!!!!! We should all have that problem!
I managed to eat all of the chicken in her
chicken/penne pasta! When I left I told her not
to lie to the nurses or the aides!

Oh, funny thing....my mom will kill me.
I didn't want to leave my camera in the car the
other day so I brought it in, right?
Then I decided to snap a few shots of my mom
as she was awaiting her CT scan. This is the
final shot in a sequence of 2...hmmm, just 2?



2 steps forward, 1 step back.
I'll keep you in formed of mom's progress.
Thanks for all your thoughts, prayers & cards.
Bonnie, I'll deliver yours later today.

Cory Barton is coming by today. I'm so excited!
She's my web designer and we have been working
a ton on updating my site. I've been dragging my
feet due to all that's been going on but I assure
you all that it will be completed very soon.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

WilMo said...

So glad to hear that your Mother is taking steps in the right direction. As far as the eating goes...would you want to eat hospital food? Maybe you should try sneeking in some 'real' food for her :)

Thanks for the help identifying Lake Dillion for me on a previous post.

Hope you are staying cool back in MN!

Amy