Thursday, July 17, 2008

I'm soooo not worthy!

I have not locked my keys in my car
for a couple of dozen years I think.
Last night, I was on my way home from
visiting my mom at the rehab center
(another night of Big Brother..I think
I shouldn't go at night anymore or dare
I say I might get hooked....NOT!)anyway,
I digress.....
So, as I walk to my car, I decide a nice
glass of wine is in my future so I drive
to the Cheers Liquor store in Bloomington.
I whip in, I whip out....WHAT?? Where
are my keys!? NOT in my hand. NOT in the
liquor store. NOT on the ground outside
my car and as far as I can see with their
flashlight, NOT in my car! MAN!
NOW what? I call Gary, "hey, hon, will you
grab my valet key in the garage and bring
it to me?" In the 20 minutes it took for
him to get there (couldn't locate the key)
I thought..hmmm...should I go in and get
a bottle opener? 'Spose they might have
a glass I could borrow? Then I thought,
"no, I'm a big girl and I can wait." 'Cuz,
drinking out of the bottle in a brown bag
outside a liquor store next to the closed dry
cleaners and abandoned Mr. Movies would
look mighty sad and desperate for a Wednesday
night, right?!

Okay, we drive home and leave my car there
because I am certain that I know where the
valet key is. Nope. Not there. I call Kip~
(Eden Prairie Firefighter!) He will save me,
he knows all the appropriate people that can
help me. "Sorry, your car is in Bloomington,
Eden Prairie won't help you." So I go to the
next guy on my list, Donny. He's a Bloomington
Police officer, he can tell me who can help me.
Nope. "Bloomington doesn't do lock-outs anymore."
WHAT!!!??? Are you kidding me!?
I resorted to calling "Chief's" towing in
Bloomington and Bob came to my rescue.
$60 bucks and a nano second later, I was in!
Drove home and finally had that long awaited
glass of wine. Wheeeew.
Moral? Um, yea. Never, NEVER have all the keys
you own for your vehicle IN the vehicle.
And the sick thing is that Bob told me that the
whole keys locked in the car thing...comes in
THREES!! I'll keep you posted.


I have a surprise for tomorrow.

No comments: