Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Mom's on the mend.

Quick update.
I went to sit with mom for a few hours
last night and was soon joined by my
brother, Mike & my sister, Anne.
Boy did we have some laughs! Our mother
is clearly on the mend because she's
getting her sense of humor back not to
mention the fact that she is still on
Dilaudid but even that is being reduced
as I type so that's another positive!

I witnessed the removal of the NG tube tube.
Gross and cool at the same time.
My mom now loves nurse Jenny!!! She wanted
to kiss her! So, no more tubes in my mom's
face! yay! She's now allowed to have clear
liquids. Today, perhaps even a shower!
We'er looking at a few more days...gotta
get her up and moving on her own~in and
out of chairs, bed etc and of course the
usuals...pass gass & poop (I know, TMI).

All great news, she's on the mend! We want
her home and moving on to rehabbing her back.

Thanks all of your prayers and support through
all of this. It's meant so much to so many!

No comments: