Monday, December 29, 2008

Where does the time go?

This has been a whirl-wind holiday season
so far. I don't even know where to start.
Christmas..wait, was that already nearly
a week ago? That means that New Years Eve is
in 2 days, holy Hannah!

We all gathered at the Baker's in Chanhassen
(my sister & brother-in-laws) for Christmas Eve
then on Christmas day, Gary and I hosted Gary's
family here at our home.

My friend Jo came up from Albert Lea on Monday
and got in on all the Craig crazy goings on.
She even joined me on a Hilton greeting last
Friday.It was great having her here.

I'd be posting a ton of images but as fate
would have it I had to send my flash card out
to recover the files. Thank God that they were
all recoverable. I had 3 Hilton Families on there
from the day after Christmas and 2 losses for
NILMDTS on the same card. I never cried so hard
as I did when I discovered that. It was like I
suffered yet another loss.
But as God would have it, my good friend Dave
Johnson up at National Camera was able to recover
all of the images on that card.

Note to everyone....when you get an indication
that your card is corrupt, TOSS IT OUT! Do not
attempt to reuse it. It could and very likely
will corrupt again.
In my case it was the first time that I've actually
witnessed corruption and I'll tell you what,
it ain't fun.

That said, if you run into this sort of thing
with your digital files, contact me and I will put
you in touch with someone who can help.
It's expensive in a lot of cases but well worth it.
I'll be picking up my CDs tomorrow with the files
on them and returning the CF card to B&H out in
New York.

Today, Gary and I attended a funeral for a father
of a friend of ours, Randy Blackowiak. It was sudden,
a heart attack they think. His father was 75.
His mother passed away about this same time 4 years
ago...Randy now hates Christmas. God Bless you all.

The big New Years Eve Gala for the Miracles of Mitch
Foundation
is just 2 days away! Come and Join us!!

I'm off this week and plan to relax (outside of
the New Years Eve Gala) then like everyone else,
I will hit the gym...two months until Mexico! yikes!

I'll post a ton of images after I get those images
back in my hand!


God bless!

No comments: