Wednesday, April 09, 2008

ABBOTT






I finally got to sleep around 2 this morning.
I went to Abbott at 7 to await a C-section.
This couple was preparing for the worst and
praying continuously for the best.

The couple decided to do a C-section at 31
weeks in hopes of being able to see their
little girl alive rather than taking their
chances with having her pass in the womb over
the next several weeks.

Little Hope was not expected to live much past
delivery but Dr.s & nurses watched from behind
the glass of the OR in the next room ready to
charge in and run her to Children's if need be.

I was given scrubs, booties a hair net & mask.
Pretty exciting really. Heather said it would
be a terrific experience and wow! words cannot
describe the incredible weight that I felt in
that OR room. I was given all access to move
about (as long as I didn't touch anything blue).
Having never had a child of my own therefore
never having had a C-section, I was in awe of
of the staff moving like chess pieces..precise
purposeful and methodic.

The dad, strong, holding his wife's hand and
video taping at the same time. Grandma was there
too, supporting, hand holding and brushing her
daughter's hair off her forehead. Really very
loving, touching, moving and yet while I was
watching this all from behind the lens of my
camera, it seemed silent...peaceful. I felt
God's presence. God moves like a chess game too,
precise, purposeful and meathodic. Not always
with the end result we all pray for but nonetheless,
he is always with us. I can't imaging going
through life not believing that. That's my peace.

I would like to thank Jim Bird for coming along
for the shadow. Altho' it ran so very late and
he needed to go, I think that he learned a lot
and will be ready for his next session solo.

As expected, Hope Roseanne lived only for about
20 minutes. But she was born alive.
Weighing just 3 lbs 4.4 oz and only 11 inches
long she was a very big presence and a joy
to behold.

Everyone got to hold her and say good-bye.

Make no mistake that the smiles on these faces
quickly turned to tears when the news made
it down the hall to station 65.

This big, loving family will hold one another
for a very long time. Blessed are families
that have the ability to come together quickly!

The above photos were taken by Jim before he
had to leave. I'll post photos of Hope later.

Pray, always pray, for all those involved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just now found this blog. Thank you so much for being a part of Hope's life and for capturing it all for us. I think of you every time that I look at her photos. I have had many comments on how you captured her precious life. Thank you. We are expecting again in July. We have been told that this is a healthy baby girl.
Cheryl