Sunday, March 16, 2008

Welcome Jet.

Jet (Jet-son..or son of Jet) arrived on a flight
from Portland on Thursday.



Grieving the loss of a four legged friend is just
too tough. When Scott & Jacquie made the decision
to put Lucius down in December the devastation
just continued day after day after day.
I knew that they were in contact with Lucius'
breeder but to my surprise when Gary picked us
all up at the airport Thursday evening he said,
"Scott & Jacquie got a puppy!" I was sooo
excited for them! Scott has just been miserable.
This is just what they needed. I stopped over
yesterday to meet the gorgeous little guy.
His name is Jet.





My mom pointed out to me yesterday that I never
gave the reason for perhaps not returning to Cabo.
Sorry...I meant to. Well, there's really no big
answer, it's just that most of the time Gary and
I like to stay at little placed right on the beach.
I get so sick and tired of people waking up at
5am just to lay 15 towels out on all the best
chairs at the pool. I go to Mexico to sit my *ss
in the sand! The water was colder, the sand was
hot, a bucket of beer on the beach at the Mimi is
10 bucks...here, 25. I don't know, It's not that
I hated being there or anything like that it's just
different. I must say that the photography opportunities
here were amazing...even National Geographic was
there shooting...



There was a steady flow of peddlers on the beach
each and everyday...that gets annoying.
I mean, sure, I bought some stuff from them but
every day they come right up to you and stand
there in hopes that you'll cave in and decide
that you actually NEED a turtle whistle necklace!
I taught Ben the Spanish phrase for "go away!"
I've never had to actually use it before, but I
used it 2 or 3 times on this trip. Ben thought
it was hilarius!

So to sum up, It was beautiful there, pure blue
sky everyday, tons to do day and night, great
food, God knows I love the language, days got
to be about 80 degrees, nights about 60,
diving was awesome, fishing was incredible,
the villa was impeccable...the perfect trip
for families. Gary and I will do that sort of
thing once in a while, but we prefer to go and
do nothing and hang in the local haunts.
Who knows, maybe he and I will go to Cabo to
together sometime soon.

Make no mistake, I would not trade this tip
for anything. I had a FABulous time!
Thank you Anne and Pete for considering me
to come along. It really was a memory maker!

Check this out...REDRUM. This is the deep sea
fishing outfit that we used in Cabo.
It's also the exact yacht we were on.



The diving group that Pete, Ben and I used
was Underwater Diversions.
Lars was our Dive Master and just the 4 of us
went out. We first went to Pelican Rock and
then to Neptune's Finger.
Pete has all of those photos on his camera.
I'll put those up when I get them from Pete.

I have a huge couple of weeks in front of me so
I must make an attempt to get back into my
reality zone.

I'm missing WPPI due to these
vacations but next year I WILL be attending!

Enjoy today!

No comments: