Sunday, March 09, 2008

2-Tank Dive

Hola from Cabo San Lucas in the Baja California Sur.
Wow, this is totally a different place here.
First, I'm with my sister, Pete and their kids along
with their neighbors Mark & Tiffany and their 2 kids.

Our group is in a fantastic 2 room suite. It's amazing!
The kids think it's pretty terrific too. Master suite,
second bedroom and a living room separates them.
3 tv's, 2 kitchens...one, complete with a dishwasher and
full sized fridge...Plus laundry.
The other room with a kitchenette.
3 bathrooms and a patio/lanai that's as big as my first
apartment! CRAZY.

We are nearly directly underneath the web cam so
we have the same view as the link.

First night was pretty cool and the first morning was
as well. But we packed for it so it was great!

The guys took a van into town and went grocery shopping
and so we are set for breakfast and lunch for many days.

The nights we reserve for going out to dinner.
Last night to a really fun seafood place.
The fish was sea bass and you had your choice of not only
preparation but sauce as well. Anne did the almond,
Mark did the "devil sauce" and I did the garlic (shocker!)
the kids ate plain noodles, quesadillas and the boys had
cheeseburgers that the staff had to go elsewhere to get.
MIghty nice! Mariachi's came in and insisted on playing
"la bamba" for us and I may just get sick soon if I here
that one more time!!

I hit the sack early last night due to the dive today.
We taxied to the marina and found the dive shop..
Underwater Diversions..Great group of guys!
Lars was actually called in to guide us and give Ben
& I a little refresher in the pool on sight. everything
was A-okay! got in out 7mil suits and fitted for fins &
masks (Pete has all his own stuff...he's so cool!!)
hopped in the boat and our first stop was "pelican rock".
Translation...a huge structure that sticks out of the water
that pelicans sit and poop on. But make no mistake, this
was no "shitty" dive, this was an amazing dive and so much
fish, coral, eels..you name it, we saw it. very cool.

Ben was not interested in a 2nd dive, but for another 20
bucks, Pete and I thought, why not, so we dropped Ben
off at the Marina and headed back for the second dive
out near "the arch" but the current was pretty strong
so we went to "Neptune's finger"...clearer, but with a
swift current as well...It was such a great diving
experience. Pete has an underwater camera case so
we took lots of pictures. I'll get them from him when
I get back.

I'll post pictures soon. Maybe even later today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You blogged!!
You called!!!
YAY! I was lonesome.
Glad you are having a blast.

Lots of love to all, 9

ps It's snowing.

Anonymous said...

I got your VM...having a tough time right now with work so we are at very different places in our life right now. But am looking forward to you coming home because I can't wait to show you something and to see your photos...love those stairs!

Miss you and glad you are having so much fun.
Love
me