Sunday, March 02, 2008

Dos de Marso

WOW, It's Sunday already, hard to believe.
Making new friends and getting together with
old ones. We do love it here so even though it
seems that everyone now knows about Playa.
In years past, the streets were dirt and the
beers were a buck. Now all of 5th avenue is
done in pavers and the beers are $2.50.
Hmmmmm, change...I don't like it.
I wouldn't trade it for the people we have met
here or the friends we have made to get the
dollar beers back~make no mistake.

Today is Rene's day off (the manager of the Mimi).
If you wish to stay here in the future, always
e-mail him directly and tell him that Gary and
Sue sent you! :)

We had a big night last night...no nap, just
straight to big fun. We've tried a few new
places but like Nicki and I used to say..
"they don't love us here...!"

So we just go back to Las Mananita's and
order a botella de tinto y dos copas and
dig on the folks passing by...it's fun.

I think that Nedi's kids are going to come
to the beach today. That always wears me out!









Oh, so yesterday, I witnessed a baptism right
here on the beach. 4 people were baptized in
the gulf of Mexico! New believers in Christ.
I went over and recited my "Estamos Aqui"
that I memorized and then they wanted my photo
with the 4 ladies that were baptized...
very cool and very uncommon I am told here
in Mexico, but there are many more Mexicans are
coming to Christ...neat, huh!?

okay, it's 9:30, I gotta go get some sun.

escribo mas, luego.....

buen dia a todos!

te amo.

No comments: