Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving Plans Grow.

My friend Megan, from Chicago, is coming
to town to see her brother's family for
Thanksgiving and is going to spend some
time here, at our home, as well!
I'm so excited! Megan will be coming over
to my sister's for Thanksgiving with Gary
and I. Anne's totally cool with that!
Gotta love a sister who will find a spot
for 1 more! That makes 25! YIKES!

I was on call yesterday in the west for NILMDTS
and received 2 calls. The first one was at
Children's in Minneapolis and the 2nd was
for the UofM Children's. Very different losses
I was nearly sent away on the 2nd session due
to the fact that the father was pretty firm
on not wanting any photography. The mom insisted
on my services and so the father stepped out,
I entered the room, hopped up on the bed with
she and her son and granted her request.
As I left the room, I waited to make eye contact
with the father, nodded and mouthed the words
"thank you." and he said "thank you."

I hate that these losses occur but I am forever
grateful that God has given me the ability, the
talent and the support that I need to walk into
these families lives, at what must be the most
intimate of moments, and give them images that
will help them remember, mourn & heal.

On an up note...today is Kiki's birthday!
She's Owen & Reese's mom, my brother's wife.
I love her. Happy Birthday Kindra! :)

No comments: