Wednesday, November 19, 2008

BRRRRRRR.

He's coming and there's nothing I can
do about it! Old Man Winter!
See, now there's a yucky thing named
after guys...take THAT!

Thanksgiving is a week away and I am
so excited for the craziness to begin!
With a big family and all the kids it's
really more fun to just get together!

Fortunately, my family all lives near by.
We, sort of, surround our mother which is
nice too. No one has to travel any great
distance for anything. LOVE that.

Contrary to what's being reported on the
news, we are not cutting back this year
due to the economy but more for reasons
of simplicity...no one really needs anything.
I'm going give outside of my family to
those that do. Gary and I have again committed
ourselves to not getting one another anything.
It's just silly. I'm more of a little stocking
stuffer kind of gal anyway but now that Hobie
and Katie aren't here...Boo may just end up
the winner here in this house!

I'd like to say that I'm going to try to
stay out of the stores in December but
the hustle and bustle of it all gets me
all revved up! Such as I love walking into
a mall and hearing a high school band playing
or choir singing Christmas Carols.

A great memory from my childhood is standing on
risers atop the covered fishpond at the 7hi
shopping center with my mom looking on, mouthing
the words of the song that I was singing!
"...silver bells...silver bells..."
WOW!

Leave me a special memory of yours from
Christmas's gone by in the comment section
below. On December 22nd I will pick my
favorite and send you off a little gift!
Thanks.

Today...go ahead and get the whipped cream
on top! :P~~~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On Christmas Day 1988, I was watching "Bambi" with my nieces & nephews. My #2 niece, Melinda, was sitting on my lap in the recliner. The part where Thumpers mother said "Thumper..if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!" My precious niece (9 yrs. old at that time), looked up at me and said "So that's where you learned that from, Aunt Jo!" I DID say that to the kids when there were spats.

hmmm...who knew? Seasons Greetings! Jo

AnnC said...

It was October 1987, I was a senior in high school and got called out of my accounting class and was told my mom had a brain aneurysm that morning and was in ICU. She spent 3 weeks in ICU and another 5 weeks in the hospital. Since she wasn't home for Thanksgiving we were really hoping she would be home for Christmas. The doctors didn't really think that would be possible. But, about 8 days before Christmas she came home. That was the nicest gift we got that year. Having our mom at home, enjoying meals together and just being together as a family. To this day we thank the Lord for the miracle he worked in our mom. Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy the reason for the season - The birth of Jesus Christ.

Sue said...

Ann,
Jo says "you win!" :D