Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day 2008!

Well, this is it folks.
The day we've been waiting for.
Perhaps by the end of this day we will,
as a nation, have elected a new president.

I can safely say that pretty much everyone
is sick and tired of all the political banter,
ads, lawn signs, phone calls, unwanted mailers.
We, Gary and I, have become one with TiVo as
we have discovered that we can eliminate all
the tv ads by simply fast forwarding!

Now, as I recall years passed, election day
was an "ad free" day. What the heck happened to
that policy? I mean really, what's the point
of running those stale ads today of all days?
Just in case someone has been living under a
rock or in a cave the past few months? Nice use
of funds, people!

I, of course, am voting today, I'm just waiting
for all the folks with "real" jobs to cast their
ballots then the line will be shorter ;D
I'm anxious to get my little red "I voted" sticker
so I can go get a free coffee at Starbucks!

Yesterday I got the opportunity to go back to
Abbott Northwestern Hospital and hand deliver
my images to one of the families whose baby
I photographed on Saturday. The mom had had a
C-section and was still there.
I was happy to stop by and say hello and close
that chapter.

From there I attended the MOFAS annual report
release at the Children's Home Society and
Family services
in St. Paul.
I was delighted to see so many of my images blown
up to 40x60 mounted posters! Pretty cool.
Then the organization gifted each of the 5
people(families) with a framed 11 x 14 image
from my collection personalized for them.
That too, was pretty cool!

Here's J from her birthday party on Sunday night.
Always a great time at Scott & Nicki's!
Missed you G!!





my gift, as usual, is a hair/photo session!

GET OUT THE VOTE!!!!!

No comments: