Friday, June 20, 2008

BBQ with the neighborhood.

Had a delicious invitation to go to a neighbor's
for a BBQ. How do you turn THAT down mid-week!
NO COOKING? I'm in!!

Here's some of the darlings in attendance.
(sisters Molly and Ellie)...in the 'secret garden'.





Hey, is that a glass of Cabernet in my hand?



Jenn & Michael are in town from Massachusetts
and are getting married at the most beautiful
church just off Nicollet Island. This is the oldest,
continuously used Catholic Church in Minneapolis.
Our Lady of Lourdes.
Can't wait to get there. The reception, of course,
will be held at the Nicollet Island Inn.
This will be a joy to shoot! Chloe will be shooting
with me and I look forward to working with her.
She is a fellow NILMDTS affiliate.

I sat with my mom for the majority of the day today.
She is in some extreme back pain due to a ruptured
disc. Her surgery is scheduled for this coming Wednesday.
I've never seen her like this and it's hard enough
sometimes to think of a parent as "aging" but to
see her having to deal with and manage pain is
quite another thing...We had a really nice day together.
After surgery, I'm certain that we will have more
of those and I look forward to them. She lost Tim
Russert and now this...NOT a good week for my mom.

Last night I elected to take a call to go to Abbott
to cover a session for a family that lost a 20+ week
old boy. The gentleman that was 'on call' was not
reachable so I went. The baby's name...Joshua.
When i arrived the Chaplain was coming out of their
room, she wiped a tear and I rubbed her back.
She then started to silently sob. I held her for a
couple of minutes and she thanked me for what we
do at NILMDTS and I told her what a special job
she has and that she was, indeed, an angel too.



God Bless.

No comments: