Sunday, February 08, 2009

Do you Clip?

I recently told Gary that I wanted to try
something different. I told him it had been
years since I had done it but I remember the
sensation and satisfaction being pretty
terrific. I also remember that it took a bit
of planning, preparation and on occasion, timing.
PEOPLE! Get your heads out of the gutter, I'm
talking about clipping COUPONS here!!!
(btw...do you say "Koo'-pon" or "Kyoo'-pon"?)

I guess after years of just running out and
picking up what we need all "willy nilly",
I thought that perhaps taking a stab at
saving some cash might be fun, addicting or
just plain smart, right?
Anyway, so I get up this morning, pour my
coffee, grab my "cheater/readers", a scissor
and I sit down to the kitchen counter.

I start with the ads to see where the stuff we
need is on sale then move to the coupons to see if
I can save anymore money. This proves to be
a total bust. If you don't eat cereal, drink
ensure, use disposable batteries, need diapers,
consume canned fruits-meats or veggies....
you simply can't save money. I laughed out loud.
Gary thinks that I'm crazy. I knew that already!

So after studying this weekends ads & coupons
today for about 45 minutes, I have come to the
conclusion that I am already in the red. :\

Happy Birthday to Stacey Thon! *<):-D

No comments: