Friday, September 12, 2008

Nine One Two...



It's now the day after our 10th anniversary and
I have to say that I don't feel that our marriage
is that old. ;)

Seems like yesterday that we stood in our back yard
and exchanged vows, rings and kisses in front of
our families. It was perfect. I should really scan
some of those negatives and post them. Hmmm, where
are they?

I have to say that altho' I got up pretty early for
a dental appointment (Dr. Michael Johnson and his
staff are totally awesome btw!!) Gary had already
whipped out the flowers and cards....he's so amazing.

We opened up the bottle of 2000 Niebaum Coppola Rubicon
that I picked up several years ago when we were out
there with friends for our anniversary ( I've seen
it on wine lists at restaurants for as much as $250 now).
We toasted our 10th and did a little yummy bread
& butter as a prep for dinner.

I surprised Gary with not only a town car to take us
forth and back to Kincaid's but I ordered the most
delicious bottle of Silver Oak Cabernet to have with dinner.
It was amazing and dinner was FABulous!

In years passed, we have traveled for our anniversary
and hit Northern California's wine country many times.
This year we thought we'd just keep it simple (even tho'
is was our 10th) and save ourselves for a
longer stint in Mexico this winter! Good call.
Thank you Gary for 10 terrific years. I love you.
Thanks to everyone who texted, twittered and facebooked
us throughout the day yesterday!

No comments: