Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Cold night...chilly morning.

By that I mean that I got a late call from the
Charge nurse at Mpls. Children's.
Full term girl born at 3am yesterday failing.
I knew if I sat at the computer and on the phone
trying to line up an affiliate that I would be
quite possibly be delaying the inevitable so I
grabbed my camera and raced downtown.

Family all gathered. Mom & Dad exhausted and holding
their daughter in the NICU. No answers, no indications
of what the trouble might be. So not fair.

I pray that, in God's grace, she made it through the
night and by some miracle she hangs in and shocks
everyone by surviving.



I'm praying for you little miss S.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm Sophia's auntie. I don't know if you ever heard. But Sophia didn't make it. She made it through two nights but was in so much pain we had to let her go. Thanks for taking pictures so we could have something to remember her by. -Whitney

Anonymous said...

Dear Susan,
I'm Sophia's grandma - Sophia's mommies mom. Thank you so very much for the beautiful images of our precious Sophia - it is something a person doesn't really think about in such a surreal horrible time - but I am forever grateful to you and the organization NILMDYS for giving us amazing photos we will cherish forever. I meet anouther couple last Thursday night who attended a group meeting called the Compassionate Friend (one that I've attended for 6 years after the death of my 13 year old daughter Allison (Sophia's auntie who was waiting with open arms for her that September day)they shared photos (taken by NILMDTS) of their Sophia who they lost almost a year ago - simply amazing and so helpful in the healing process. They told me about the NILMDTS website and that is how I came to realize who you were - I didn't know the connection. I have to say again thank you and thank you to all the people who give themselves and their time to this wonderful organization. You are all angels of mercy.
Respectfully,
Jody
Sophia's Grandmother.