Thursday, September 04, 2008

Canon 50mm 1.4

I love this lens. Do you own it yet? No?? You should.
It's small, bright and it packs a punch!
Don't confuse it with a macro lens but if you are looking
for that "razor thin" depth of field, this is your lens.
And for only about 300 bucks too! Head to B&H and
get one! My friend, Tim, out in Portland who is a hobbyist
just informed me that his is on the way!

Gary and I met Tim and his wife Kristi in Playa del Carmen
about 4 years ago. We kept running into one another the
same week at the Mimi del Mar hotel (our not so secret
spot anymore). Tim had a Canon Rebel and was admiring my
10D and my grand assortment of lenses and we began talking
(well and drinking...let's not let a few details get in the
way of a good story, right?)



I think I had Nedi take this one..that's Kristi's brother
behind my right shoulder.

This night, we got into some trouble....



I've since graduated into other lenses, equipment and added
my Mark3 (a year ago) but that darn 10D, you couldn't pay me
to part with it. It's still a FABulous camera and the day it
runs out of frames will be a sad day, let me tell you.

It's become my bring along, vacation, point & shoot SLR camera.
Once I break it down, it fits nicely in a bag. Throw on the
1.4 and it can go from day to night! Wow, sounds like an outfit!
Toss in Brooke Shields..."I won't let anything come between me
and my 10D & 1.4." OHHHhhhhh, I digress. Besides, I think that
photographers are not normal.....who is really..?

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you own a camera, and
I think pretty much that's everyone, right?, um, don't stop
learning. Shoot, shoot, shoot. Save the shots you like,
print the ones you LOVE and dump the rest. Also, very important...
back your stuff up. Get those darn images OFF your camera!!
If you lose your camera, lose a card or, God forbid it gets
stolen you are outta luck. Those images are GONE, PERIOD. FOREVER!
Get yourself a nice 250-500 GB hard drive that's primary purpose
is to store your gems!!!
Oh,....and...DO IT NOW!!!!

No comments: