Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Hello Fall!

Wow! We flip the calendar to September and it drops 20 degrees!
Gary and I hit the pool yesterday at my sister's and it was
just the perfect way to say "so long." to Summer. Thanks Bakers.

I managed to get some shots of Emily yesterday. She's getting
so tall and gorgeous...I told Pete that I felt sorry for him,
(That's Emily's dad) and he said he's going to start locking her
up soon.

Emily loves to pose for the camera. She loves to act like her
older cousins. Here's her 'Summer's over' face...





Sometimes takes me a while to get her to look 11 and not 21.
Ahhhh, there she is....



Um, Emily insisted on taking MY picture so I carefully
handed my Mark3 to her and instructed her on how to use
the 50mm 1.4 and where the vertical shutter release was.
Not bad, really...



Well, we have had our share of excitement here with the
RNC taking place and all. I used to be upset that I wouldn't
be in the middle of it all covering it for a company out in
Maryland. But I made that difficult executive decision and
I stuck with it. As it turns out...I'm pretty glad. It's
just CRAZY! Did you check out the video on my facebook
yesterday? WOW!

We live in the path of Flying Cloud Airport which is a
pretty busy place these days. Many delegates have been
flying in there and to drive by it, it looks both like a
fortress and a ghost town with all the security measures.
More private jets than ever flying overhead. It's a much
smaller airport but by all standards one of the larger
"small" ones and more accessible than MSP. Wooppeee, right!?

I'm going to be attending and covering a rally with Sen.
Norm Coleman this Saturday. I said, "rather than money,
how about I offer my services as a photographer for you?"
They jumped at it. So now, rather than covering the RNC,
I'll get to work along side Coleman. That works for me.

Hey, not much else to report here today.

See you on Facebook.

No comments: