Friday, September 19, 2008

9/19.

I was on call for NILMDTS yesterday.
As soon as I got my sister's foils in her hair
I got a call to go to the U of M Children's.
I was able to finish Anne and wait for the call from
Carin in Famiy Care for a more definitive time frame.
I was also able to arrange for a "shadow" to join me.
A shadow is someone that wants to work with NILMDTS
but perhaps is not certain that this is something that
they can do. This way they can come along, observe and
make the determination before getting on the national
call list as a full fledged affiliate.

This is a very, tough thing, as you can imagine.
This isn't for everyone or every photographer.
NILMDTS, after 3 years, is making their selection
process more defined. They are seeking professionals with
skills that perhaps that most hobbyists don't possess.

I thank each and everyone of you that support me in my
efforts to serve these families. I feel that this has
become my life's most important work. Not to make less of
MOMF because that has become quite it's own little engine
that could in a short time too. They are just so very different.
I wouldn't ever attempt to compare. Both foundations serve
families with devastation. My camera and I can somehow bridge
gaps for these folks and aid in healing. I love that.

Today I will meet with a family at, what has become know as,
"My Hilton". A family with a little girl enduring a struggle
with cancer will check in, with her family for a weekend
of fun, shopping, exploring, swimming, playing.
A respite, a break, a departure from her new "normal".
All compliments of the Airport Hilton and the MOMF!

Later I will meet up with Jenn Malone & Pedro Diaz of Bella
Pictures
. Jenn is in town to shoot with me tomorrow and Pedro
is here shooting a wedding in Eden Prairie tomorrow as well.
So the 3 of us are going to meet up at Jenn's hotel and
swap stories and talk shop! Can't wait!

G...did ya get the package???



Boo liked Alison's lap...



...a lot.




Do more than you thought you could do today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did "more than I thought I could do!" THANKS for the encouragement! 9