Friday, August 29, 2008

Hobie.

Today marks the 1 month anniversary of Hobie's death.
I am filled with sorrow, still. I miss him everyday.
Last night (early this morning, actually) around 4:30am
I was woken by Katie, Hobie's litter mate sister.
She was meowing in the hall like she does when she
wants to play. I sprung up and ran to her side. This is
just highly unusual for her to alert anyone in the
middle of the night so it startled me a bit.
When I got to her she had me follow her to the living
room. It was dark and so is she but from the street
light I saw her stop so I sat down next to her and
picked her up and held her. She wasn't interested in
playing. I don't really know what this was all about.
This is my parenting, I guess. She must have had a nightmare
or as I like to think, she missed Hobie. That was about
the time we discovered him a month ago.

I endured 2 NILMDTS sessions yesterday...nearly 3. One at
Mpls. Children's and the other at Abbott. This is a foundation
that is so near and dear to my heart and soul yet I wish there
was no need. My heart aches for all of the families.
God has blessed me with both the talent and the strength for
the task at hand whenever I get a call. I am grateful.
Thank you to Jessica Towey for coming along to shadow.
She will be an excellent affiliate. Please pray that the
Lord give her the strength as well.

So it's Labor Day weekend. What are you going to do with yours?

1 comment:

Anne said...

Hey Susan, (((((Hugs)))) to you!