Monday, August 18, 2008

CRAZY Monday.

Well, not too crazy just lots to do.
Took mom to see the surgeon for her 1 month
post op appointment. All good, everything is
great! YAY! Then a little lunch at Axel's in
Chanhassen. It's changed ownership since I
was there last and all is still awesome there
too! Then to check out mom's OT place and
discovered that they no longer have an OT at
that location so we are on to the next one
on the list in Chaska. Still good.

On my way back home I stopped to pick up some
food for the cats. With Hobie not here any longer
this makes for easier pick up, more selection
and MUCH less expense. Hobie was on a strict
duck prescription that I just managed to get
the other two cats to eat so that I no longer
had to lock cats up to eat 3 separate meals..whew!
I mean, honestly, I don't know what I would
have done had I worked outside the home. CRAZY!

Well, the next bit of my day was quite unusual.
As I drove into the neighborhood I noticed a
small child about the age of 2 running down the
street. No shoes. No parent. Just running.
Weird, right? So I stopped along the hill and
asked a couple in another stopped car if they
knew this boy or if he was with them cuz'
they were getting out of their car. "No."
they said. But they had seen him running around
earlier on another street and were as concerned
as I so I called 911.

The little boy was Asian, didn't speak much but he
understood English. The gal and her daughter that
stopped didn't speak much English but I spoke Spanish.
These ladies had been cleaning homes in the area and
sat with me and this lost boy for a good 15 minutes
until the police arrived.I got a call shortly after
that they found the little boy's home and he was
delivered safely. I gave the little boy my
MiracleKids Triathlon cow bell to play with, he
thought it was cool. I hope they put it around his
neck the next time the family goes outside!
Apparently, he's a "runner", the officer told me.

All in all a great day. I am going to see G before
she heads off to college (Wednesday!!!!) and give
her a big 'ol auntie hug!!!

No comments: