Friday, January 30, 2009

Sunny Arizona!

Wow! I guess I didn't realize how much I
really miss the warm weather. I mean, I
know that it's cold in Minnesota but it's
also January and it's supposed to be cold.
We ordinarily set our warmth radar for the
end of February and just look forward to
Mexico. We've come to Arizona in January
in years past but it never seems to be quite
this nice. 70s. Indeed, nice! Oh, and not
a cloud in the sky so that's always remarkable
too...it' so beautiful.

I'll back up a few days to Tuesday, the day
before we flew down only because I think
it's worth it to explain that I worked a 12
hour day to make it possible for me to join
Gary on this trip. Then we were up until
about 11 or 12, set the alarm for 4, caught
the airport shuttle from the (my) Hilton over
to the HHH terminal, breezed through security,
hopped in seats 8 C & D for our 6am flight,
landed around 9:20 AZ time and then got an
early check in to our hotel, walked over to
the golf tournament, and proceeded to walk
the course for the next 4 hours! All the while
imbibing in the occasional beer ;)

At around 4 we ventured over to the infamous
Birds Nest, a giant tent with live music, food
and libations galore! We ran into some friends
that live down here (Tony Schindler) and a
couple that gave me her wrist band and lanyard
to access the VIP area (nicer bathrooms, free
fabulous food and drinks)...well, I'm worth it!
We the took a cab to the "Tilted Kilt" and had...
shocker....PIZZA!!! back to the room around 11.

Need I say that this was a very long day and
it's quite possible that I was "over served"!~

Um, yea, we slept in on Thursday and then drove
to Surprise and settled in to the cutest casita
on the planet! Owned by a couple from Oregon.
Donny & Cory live here full time now. Cory has
impeccable taste and a flare for fun. The casita
is just darling...a beachy theme.

Breakfast with Dean and Lois this morning and
now off to hit some balls and get in the warm sun.

More later....

No comments: