Sunday, October 05, 2008

Stormy Start.

Gary was up and gone pretty early...
He has a golf outing/tourney/member-guest
thing this morning at 9 down in Northfield.
YUCK. Now it's pouring and thunder is
shaking the house. I suppose they won't play.
Good thing too, Gary's getting sick.
Maybe it will clear???

Later today my entire family and some of
our friends will gather at my sister's
to celebrate my mom's 70th birthday (which is
actually tomorrow). My sister makes a totally
KILLER lasagna and I can't wait to get over
there! We were assigned cake & wine. HA! shocker!

Oh, say, speaking of food, I want to give a
glowing review of "Cosi". It's fast food, in
a cosi atmosphere. Here in Eden Prairie next
to Pei Wei is this really great sandwich place.
Like Pei Wei, you step up to the counter and
order, they give you a # to place on your table
and they bring it over to you. So basically it's
fast food with tipping, really. But my mom and I
stopped in there yesterday for a late lunch
and I had the Sesame Ginger Chicken and my mom
had the Pulled Pork. Both really good. I had
driven by a hundred times and always wondered
about it and now I know. A little spendy but worth it.




Okay..on to the homecoming dance.
J picked out a FABulous cocktail dress.
Albeit a short one, the color looked so good on her!
All the girls looked great! When exactly did
homecoming get to be as big a deal as prom anyway?
I remember going to the football game and then
Hadder's band, "Purple Haze", played (loudly) in the
high school gym and everyone just kinda stood around.
NO dresses, no suits, no boutonnieres, NO corsages,
no paparazzi line of of parents trying to capture
the innocence on ANY kind of camera. Well, I was
glad to be there to get in on the action and get
some fun shots of J & her date, Scott.







No comments: