Thursday, October 30, 2008

So Far, So Fab!

Well not, perhaps, for all the Tampa Bay Ray's
fans but for me? I can't believe my week thus far.
And it's only Thursday!

I've had 2 really extraordinary opportunities
this week. First, finally meeting Jo down in
Albert Lea...Second, on that same day, I got to
reconnect with my cousins, aunt & uncle. Had
so much fun, I stayed over night in Owatonna
and really caught up!

Then, today I met up with Kelly Read.
I met Kelly and her husband (and their daughter
Alliah) last December 8th. I was called to photograph
their daughter, born still, for NILMDTS.



We've talked about getting together and finally
today was the day. I was so excited and nervous.
How would this go? Our only connection is one of
sadness, I thought. But Kelly's face lit up as I
entered the Caribou at 8000 Norman Lake Dr.
Kelly revealed that she feels a positive connection
with me. She also shared with me that, in all reality,
I was about the only other person that actually saw
Alliah. How intimate is that? I felt nervous and
felt myself ramble. I grabbed her arm from across
the table and said..."I'm so sorry, I feel so
nervous!" Kelly put me at ease and shared so much
more with me including her passion to go forward
and try to help other families with losses such as
theirs. She wanted to plant that seed with me and
with whom ever else might want to get behind her
or beside her in her efforts to help others heal
and to continue on her healing journey as well.





Kelly and her husband are, again, pregnant. This
time with a boy, due the middle/end of March.
She says this pregnancy feels so different and
her past has made her proactive for the days, weeks
and months that lie ahead of them.
Pray for this family, that they find strength as
they approach the anniversary of Alliah's passing,
that they draw closer to God, their faith and as
they gather with family and friends on that anniversary.
Pray that they feel peace in knowing that she is
with the Lord and find hope for the future with
their new son.


Well, like I said..it's only Thursday and already
I feel so blessed and grateful this week to be apart
of the lives of these ladies and to know that God
is doing wonderful things with me. I can't wait to
witness what's next!

No comments: