Sunday, October 28, 2007

day 6 @ baker's

i slept in until almost 9. felt good.
the house is pretty quiet. the girls slept
at nana's last night.

i decided that my neighbor's party would
have to do without me this year. i elected
to spend the evening with my mom, just the
2 of us...haven't done that in years.
we watched wedding crashers & failure to launch.
i opened a bottle of chianti and we just
kicked back. it was really nice.
no anne, that doesn't mean that she's moving
to my house! :)

talked to anne & pete yesterday. anne's
ready to come home. not because she misses us~
she thinks paris is dumb. old, dirty buildings
and bad food. she was hungry and needed caffeine
in a country without mountain dew, she settled
for a diet coke and some quiche lorraine...
not quite perkins. poor dear.
pete said he could spend a year there and i know
for a fact that i could live on coffee, bread & wine
as long as i could charge my camera battery every
couple of days!
they come home tuesday night so...hang in there anne!

dropped the girls off last night at nana's.
liz and josette were cleaning out the garage.
actually throwing stuff!! i couldn't
believe my eyes! the siding people have a dumpster
there so they are taking full advantage of that
and they need to! they keep everything!

the house is a beautiful yellow now (some kind of
cement siding...it's really nice!). carole had me
talk to the guys (all spanish speaking) so i translated
for her that they were doing a nice job and that
the color was lovely. nana was impressed with me.
yea, i got skills!

later today liz will drop the girls off here and
we will go and get some pumpkins and try to find
a replacement costume for amanda.

i'm going to head over to my house now and see
my cats. i miss them and they miss me.
gary comes home today so that's nice.
the guys usually hit the road early, stop along
the way and have lunch and catch some of the
vikings game and he usually comes through the
door around 4 or 5.

nicki broke her ankle at karate yesterday.
her very first injury in 4 years. she's a black
belt and never had an injury...pretty good girl!
waiting for the radiologists final report on the
condition but she is laying low..in a 1/2 cast.
more tomorrow.
before i go...here is a fun thing...
click here to play a silly game.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Writers embelishment!! I never said Paris was dumb! I was just sick of looking at the same stuff all day & I am fine with diet Coke however I am about ready to come home. Pete is driving me nuts!
So sorry to hear about Nicki, I guess she just wanted to have a broken bone like her mum. Love to all.