Thursday, October 25, 2007

day 3 @ baker's

where to start...
as the girls were finishing up their breakfast
yesterday i got a call from heather. heather is
one of the main coordinators for now i lay me
down to sleep
. there was a young mother at
abbott with a 28 week loss. i was pretty sure that
i couldn't take this one with the girls and all
plus i had an 11 o'clock back at my house.
i thought about it some more and quickly called
heather back and told her that i would go.
my mom got the girls on the bus and i raced to
my house to get the # of my 11, called her and pushed
her appointment and made my way down to abbott.

this mother was all alone in her room with her son.
dad had to return to work and her parents were on
their way down from duluth. i've never had one on one
time with any parent to date so this was really nice.
very quiet, she was resolved. she whispered to the
nurse, after we were introduced, "does she know that
my baby has died?" she was so sweet...she even ordered
chocolate milk with her lunch just in case her 4
year old son came in later that day. :)
i made it back home by 11:05.

from there the day just flew!
josette brought carole (pete's mom) in around 2 and
i gave her a perm and she looked fabulous!
then i drove her back over to anne & pete's, the girls
were working on their homework with 9.
we then all went out to dinner and nearly experienced
"the curse" but i nipped it in the bud!
emily still had homework to finish so i dropped her
& 9 off at home and took amanda with me to drop off
nana...she gave amanda a halloween flashlight that
reads "boo" when you shine it on the wall!
showers for the girls. emily read the next chapter
in the junie b. jones book to amanda and off to bed
we all went...emily finally got me to agree to let
her sleep with me in the big, soft, warm bed! ;)

today i will go and work on "preston's" images back
at home and spend some time with my cats!
darn, i was thinking that today was friday...woops!
why is it that when you are with children, 10 minutes
feels like an hour and a day feels like 2?
cuz when i'm at home and i nap, an hour feels like 10 minutes!

hey all you parisians! i hope you are all having
a bon tiempo...that's "sparench" for good time! :)

oh my gosh! happy 60th cindy jo!!! that's my aunt! :)

No comments: