Tuesday, October 23, 2007

day 1 @ bakers...

i shall start with the fact that their wireless
connection is not working for my powerbook so i'm
on anne's computer.

it's about 7am, no one is up, it's dark and i
slept like a queen! emily tried to pull out all
the old tricks to come and sleep with me but i
stood my ground. why? oh, i don't know. looking
back i figure what could it hurt, right? i mean,
really, i'm "not the mom" as amanda once said to me,
i'm the aunt. i'm supposed to break rules, right?
um, as i recall, last night anne showed me all the
notes, rules, schedules and so on but the main
thing she said was just to be sure that i kept
the girls alive while they were gone! :) got it!

we were all up a little late last night but it was
our first night together and the girls were a tad
sad about mom & dad going on a big plane far away
so my heart melted a little bit and...well...
i caved. once things settled down and pete and
emily quit texting one another back and forth
we got settled in our jammies, read a little
"junie b. jones" and i called for lights out.

just the ben came in my room and said.."sugar peed
my bed, right by my pillow!" OMG sugar had been
locked in there some how and decided that she would
make certain that didn't happen again (sugar is
one of their cats)! so we did some bed stripping
and then we all turned in.

oh, but it doesn't end there. i saw emily out of
the corner of my eye and she turned and ran back
down the hallway...she layed something on the end
of the bed...it was the note that her mom taped
to the head of the bed reminding her that she &
her dad loved her and to be a good girl etc...
i picked it up, noticed it was wet and i walked into
her room and said "what's up? why did you bring
this in to me and why is it wet?"
emily replied, "it's from my tears." :(
she went on to say "it's not the same."
ben came in and gave her a big hug and told that
he understood and that seemed to calm her down.
i told her that she should be glad that sugar
didn't pee on her bed!

okay, side bar...
frost this morning. ben thought it had snowed!

i have a meeting with a couple today that is getting
married this december. they are still in the
selection process.

anne & pete, i pray your flight was uneventful!

i found a halloween photo from last year...
my sister dressed up as our mom..nice sweater!

1 comment:

Anne said...

FROST! Can you bring in my pineapple plant? It's out on the deck by the stairs. Put it in the garage or just by the sliding glass door in the kitchen. I hope it did'nt get "hit"!

Love and miss you all!