Wednesday, November 15, 2006

back up!

picture this...
my internet & cable provider, road runner,
was replaced with comcast in eden prairie
recently. everything was goin fine until
all of a sudden...BAM! nothing....nothing
for 4 days. oh, i was a happy soul as you
can imagine!~ i can't even type anymore
it's been so long! DANG!!
all is well now (i hope!) and i am able to
connect to the outside world once again!


i know, you are wondering what you've missed,
am i right?! let's see. my service has been out
since saturday so that means last thursday is
where i left off.

well, i'll start with the dull and boring.
i had most of my hair cut off on friday.
got to go in and visit with all my old friends
in deephaven...so very wonderful to see them all!

i joined the jr. high kids from Westwood at
"feed my starving children" in chanhassen
to photograph them all bagging a grain
mixture to send to haiti...it was pretty cool
and a ton of fun!! and all for a fabulous cause!
something like 15,000 children die everyday
from starvation alone!~ this group of teens
bagged enough for over 6,000 meals. nice.








any rubber stampers out there???
(well besides you kiki, anne & nicki!)
we got together on saturday and made
holiday cards all afternoon.
got to visit with owen...he'a about 19 months old.
i taught him "pull my finger" it was soo cute!
mom wasn't too excited about that!

sunday, i brought my camera along to church
an shot people serving at westwood in the
different ministries....teaching, child care,
coffee, connection center, greeters etc....
then back home with my oldest niece to do
her hair. i heard throught the grapevine
that she'd like to go even lighter! YIKES!!

monday. well this was a TCPPA night and
they held their annual print competition.
i chose to enter too late and my prints wouldn't
arrive in time but i went and observed anyway.
it was great! they were pretty brutal tho'.
now i know what the judges like and are looking
for so perhaps that will help me next year.
they certainly don't like all the fluff which is
nice, cuz i don't work that way!
i love a pure image with great composition.

had another PUG meeting last night where
i was the spotlighted studio so i brought along
my slide show and a bunch of prints framed and
unframed and stood and talked about me and
my business. most were interested in my
ablitiy to acquire so many destination weddings.
it was really great to stand among peers and
feel accomplished and vindicated as we all seem
to be our own worst critics and have, at times,
a sense of not measuring up.
thanks to everyone for allowing me the opportunity.

we finally put our vacation on the calendar so
that's exciting. i've got a call into my friend in
playa so that perhaps on one of the weekends
that we are there i can shoot a wedding!
i'll keep you posted.

thank you comcast for finally getting back on line!!
have a terrific day!

No comments: