Thursday, November 09, 2006

are you talkin' ta me?

picture this...

so, i pop into a local grocery store
this morning to grab a couple of items,
bread, kleenex, butter.... not much,
and there's one register open.
that's fine.....the woman in front of
me however, is shopping for the
REST OF THE YEAR and i stand
patiently and wait my turn....i'm truly
in no hurry.
okay, now it's my turn and i pay cash
so my purchase goes quite quickly but
as you can imagine, the woman in front
of me is standing in the isle with the cart
full of the year end grocery pile while a
socially challenged gentleman loads the
rest of her stuff. again, i wait patiently.
now, get this, this is just unbelieveable to me.
keep in mind that this is the only register
open and the line is getting a little longer.
i'm still standing by where you pay and this
woman behind me (5 foot nothin' , as wide as
she is tall, about 70 years old) starts in...
"please move!" she demands, as she shoves
her cart into me..."i have to pay for my
groceries!" silently, i stepped aside so that
she could see that there was someone in
front of me. she then said, "well, tell her to
move!" " i have to pay!!" this woman was
absolutely insane! she just kept on....."get
out of the way!!"
i couldn't take it anymore, i said "i'm sorry,
but you're being awfully rude."
and she of course returned with "YOU'RE
being rude!!"
finally, the woman in front of me finished
having her items placed in her cart and pushed
it out of the isle which then allowed me to
move to the other side and throw my 4 things
in a bag. but it doesn't end there....oh, no...
i'm just ready to pop as the grocery bagger asks
the disgruntled woman, "would you like paper
or plastic?" and she saids, "get out of my way,
i'm packing my OWN!"
well...you must understand that i now HAVE to
say something...so, i do. oh, and it felt so good too.

i picked up my bag, got my keys in my hand
as i mustered up the perfect words and i turned
to her and said quite nicely..."well, i sure hope
everything else goes your way today!"
(it was at that moment that i felt that the rest
of the people in line wanted to CHEER having
heard everything she had been saying....)
and this woman looks up at me and says.....
you are not going to believe this.......she says,
"SHUT UP!" and i was like, :O

unbelievable. never have i witnessed or been
party to anything quite like this in my life!!!


have a great day everyone!!

No comments: