Saturday, September 09, 2006

friday?????

picture this....
on top of losing my voice
(people laugh, it's always funny
no matter what),
i've lost my mind. i never sat
down and made any sort of entry
yesterday.
the nearest lost and found must
be FULL of my stuff!

well, i ventured out to my sister's
yesterday to capture all the tears
and good-byes for their youngest
child who is officially now a
kindergartener!
my sister had it all together.
amanda, who is STILL sick of my
camera (from the two weeks i
chronicled her & her sister's lives
at their house while anne & pete
were out of the country) made
me chase her around to get a shot
of her in her super cute outfit and
hello kitty back-pack (which is almost
as big as her!). she settled down and
let me get a few shots at the bus stop.
my lap top is at my brother-in-laws
being "dumped" and i'm trying to
locate my cord for the camera to
transfer the images to the G5
(must be with my mind and my voice
somewhere).

last night gary and i decided to go
into carver, (a little town just west of
chaska which is just west of where we
live). every town has it's "festival days"
and carver is no exception.
carver celebrates "steamboat days" every
year the weekend following labor day.
live music in a tent, corn dogs (thought
i'd seen the last of those!), cheese curds,
giant bounce houses, a parade the whole
she-bang! oh, and beer.
this town's main street is two blocks long
and has 3 thriving bars. (getting the picture?)
it's fun. it's near where i graduated from
highschool and so i usually run into
several class mates. not this year, we
didn't stay too late.

today i'm going to yet another small town
"festival". this one is in excelsior on lake
minnetonka...so, not as small as carver,
this one is during the day, is only 1 day
AND there's no beer or band.
it's mostly an art-slash-crap you buy that you
don't really need kind of fair.
it's pretty cool today, most years it's 90 and
the bees just carry you away!
i'm going to scott & nicki's for pancakes and
then off to town for the fair.

later today, i'm bringing pizza to the
groomer that my cat bit on tuesday
(go back to the "cat scratch fever" blog for photos
and details). i feel the need....the need to feed
(sorry-all you topgun fans out there!!).
i thought it would be a kind gesture.

that's it for now.....

No comments: