Saturday, June 13, 2009

Same Sex Marriage In Iowa.

Today, as I was preparing for a wedding that I'm
shooting here in Minneapolis, Gary was preparing for
a trip down to Iowa to be a witness at his very best
friend's (Jimbo) sister's (Suzie) wedding.
Are ya with me so far?

Due to the fact that same sex marriages are now legal
in the state of Iowa, Suzie & Mary decided to go for it!

Suzie and Mary, long time partners, will tie the knot
in Des Moines, Iowa in a 15 minute ceremony later today
(first things first...Gary and Jimbo will golf down there
today!). :D SHOCKER!

I was so disappointed to learn that they would have
the ceremony today of all days. I really wanted to be
there. These are some great people and I would have
loved to be there to witness the joy...not to mention
a little history in the making.
Congratulations Suzie & Mary on this very momentous
occasion!

1 comment:

sandi said...

That is so awesome!! Congrats to them. :)