Saturday, December 09, 2006

day 1 cookies!

picture this...
last year we celebrated our 10th year
of actually getting together for dedicated,
purposeful, Christmas cookie baking!
we're pretty sure that we've been doing it
longer, it's just that we only started keeping track
of everything 11 years ago. no matter....
several years ago, anne and i had determined
that it was no longer about the cookies anymore!
just good, clean, silly, LOL, pee your pants, fun!
we have even been know to chart the first
laugh attack on our folder that contains all
the recipes.

once completed, we distribute all the cookies
to people and places that we have either done
buisness with or done business for.
and for me, some salons that i have worked
at in the past.
others include my web designer, my photo lab,
my vet and my emergency vet (saved hobie's life
a year ago!), the gal that folds towels at my gym,
my dentist, my PUG group...that kind of stuff.
it's our labor of love and let me tell you, folks
can't wait til we show up on the door step!
oh, and this year i'm adding my networking group
and my friends jay and jill...i will be bringing
a huge tray to auction off at their next two fund
raisers for the surgery and one for them as well.
i brought one out to jay last year when he was still
at the courage center in golden valley.
i'll post photos later or tomorrow.....

1 comment:

Grick said...

Hi Susan, hope gary is doin okay and his post op. check was on target, maybe you'll tell us how he got on in your next blog Grick & June