Wednesday, October 18, 2006

36 days til thanksgiving!

picture this....

kiki sent this to me yesterday...
she, my brother mike and their son owen
went to an apple orchard the other day and
snapped this shot...





there are 3 of us striving and vowing to drop
10 pound by turkey day....
so far for me? not so good.
you mean to tell me that m&m's are not
a food group!?

okay, when oprah said, yesterday on national
television, that she was down to her goal
weight of 154.....i must admit, i was a little
upset with myself. i mean, didn't she weigh
like 130 pounds more just a year ago????
how dare she pass me up! (by a couple pounds)
why is it that it seems tougher to lose 10?
my guess is that it's because it's ONLY 10.
some excuse, right?

look, this is the time of year when we all
like to get into the "comfort food", am i right??
well, good gracious, what now?
i have 36 days left on my goal of 10 pounds.
at least i'm not staring at 50, right?
oh, gotta go, gary said dinner is ready!! :)

confession.....when i'm not losing weight,
it helps to watch "the biggest loser" and see
what those folks are going through.
makes me feel like a big 'ol baby!
they'd probably say to me....."10 pounds?
10 POUNDS? i can CRAP 10 pounds in a day!"
a bit humbling.
gonna get on the bike now...........

No comments: