Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Saying Goodbye.



This week, sadly, good friends of ours
are laying their mother's to rest.
I'm not really sure how I feel about funerals.
I was going to write that I "hate" them...
or that I "loathe" them. But I paused a moment
to see if that was, indeed, how I really feel.

Funerals are a time to gather, reflect, share
and console. Trouble here is that I think that
I relive my father's funeral at each funeral
I attend which, in turn, makes them all the more
difficult. But I know that death is apart of life
and I know that altho' we think "Why would God
do this?" that God is there to hold us as we
grieve.

I pray for both families in this sorrow filled
time and pray for strength and healing.

I think that funerals are a time to re-connect
with God, appreciate those around us and think
about how we would like to make changes in our
own lives to affect those around us in a positive
light. In a word...funerals=change.

I think I will embrace these funerals and love
these families and thank God for my faith.

No comments: