Friday, March 13, 2009

Playa Friends.

Returning to Mexico each year has become such a joyous
part of our lives, Gary and I, so when we run into other
folks that share our love of the country, culture, people,
sounds etc...it just simply puts the pico on the taco!

This year we ran into Peter, Jarka and Charlie from New York.
They stay at Casa de Gopala, a couple blocks in, but would
come to the beach for the day at the Mimi!
Charlie is 7 now and we decided that we met them, first,
when Charlie was 5. She is too darn cute and I'm not kidding.






Here's a shot that her mom, Jarka, took on a road
trip to Cancun this year...I just love the perspective
Nice shot, Jarka!! Kudos!



Charlie and I swam a bit one afternoon and on their
last full day at the beach I arranged for a little beach,
send off music for them.



I can still hear the harp! ;)





Scott and Nicki are going to stay at the same hotel.
Oddly, before I knew that Peter's family was staying
there, I spotted this hotel on a walk with Gary one day
and went in and got information for Scott & Nicki.

Gary and I finally got to see Nedi and his family towards
the end of the trip...REALLY good to see them and know
that they are all doing well.



Talisman (4)


Jose Maria (8)


Indiana (almost 13)


Indiana and I exchanged e-mail addresses so that
we can keep in touch year round! I love this family!
They are so special to us and always will be.
Nedi is still looking for work and his wife, Verana,
is still working as a taxi driver in the Playa area.
I have her # if you want to call her directly for a
ride somewhere while you're down there! Tell her that
Susan & Gary sent you! :)

No comments: