Friday, January 12, 2007

fight night!

picture this...
i just realized that it was helen's birthday
yesterday (my mom's mom).
she was born on 1/11/11.
she's been gone about 10 years now.
i remember whenever we went to my
grandparent's home, in golden valley,
i would always run to the kitchen
where joe (my grandfather) had installed
a small pull out drawer under the
cabinets...there was always some sort
of fun snack in there and i could reach it
so i would always help myself.
sometimes a cookie but mostly i remember
fig newtons........

okay, i thought it was cold yesterday.
this morning?? feels like the coldest in years!!
i had to pop out and place my "c'mon in!"
sign on the door (which i do when there's
in-climate weather and the door needs to stay
shut) to let my clients know that there's no
need to ring the doorbell or stand in the cold,
rain or heat!

i received a call from a bride to be yesterday.
she'd gotten my name from the great folks
out at the arboretum in chanhassen....a really
terrific facility! if you don't already have a
membership for the arboretum, i stongly
suggest it.
i have a "photographer" membership out there
which allows me more opportunities to get out
there and photograph anyone, anytime and in
large groups without my clients having to pay
the gate fee....it's nice. every season there is
something new to see and every year they
celebrate with different themes throughout
the grounds which really makes it new and
different every year.
so "memlia & sam" are getting married out there
in september and are shopping around for
photographers...i hope i can help her out.
she hadn't been to my website yet but planned to
and i hope she checks out my blog as well!
"hi melia! keep me posted on your plans!"

still working on the images from new years eve
at the minnesota miracle event.
we (board and volunteers) met last night to
discuss what we could do better next year!
watch out! big changes and you won't want to
miss it next year. tickets will be limited to 500
so get 'em early!

heading downtown tonight for the big rematch.
bringing the camera along......hope they let me
in with it! :)

kate and jeremie's 1st anniversary is next sunday.
here's some warm photos for the day from the
florida keys last year!








stay warm

No comments: